Diocese of Aberdeen
The SSVP started in Aberdeen with the setting up of St Mary’s Cathedral Conference on 7th August 1914, followed a few days later by St. Peter’s Church Conference. On 23rd June 1935 St. Mary’s in Inverness opened their Conference, followed by St. Joseph’s in Aberdeen on 6th March 1938. In 1955 Blessed John Ogilvie Conference opened in the Sacred Heart Church, Torry.
On 23rd November 1980 a Conference was opened in St Ninian’s Church Inverness, followed by the opening of St. Sylvester’s Conference in Elgin on 17th June 1982. Ten years later another two Conferences were raised, St Joachim’s in Wick on 4th March 1990 and one day later St. Anne’s Conference in Thurso. In September 1999 St. Mary’s Conference in Nairn was opened