SSVP members from across the country recently gathered in the beautiful surroundings of the Gillis Centre in Edinburgh to celebrate the Consecration to the Sacred Heart on Saturday 18th Jun
Holy Mass and the consecration was celebrated by Archbishop Leo Cushley in St. Margaret’s Chapel and was followed by refreshments in the centre. This Act of Consecration , drawn up at the request of the Society, by the Rev. Fr. Matingnon, S.J, was read for the first time at Montmartre in Paris on the 21st November 1889.
The Society had been solemnly consecrated to the Sacred Heart from 5th February 1872. The consecration is renewed annually.
All in attendance enjoyed meeting friends(old and new!) at the joyful celebration.